Our Property Sectors
The UK leisure market is growing year on year and across Brasier Freeth we have a number of Surveyors and Agents who are experienced in the provision of services to this industry, namely:
- Acquisition and disposal of land and properties for leisure purposes
- Assistance in obtaining planning consent
- Building surveying of leisure space
- Valuations of leisure properties
Recent projects for leisure operators include:
- Acquisitions advice for an indoor trampoline park provider
- Letting of a 16,000 sq. ft. site to a gym operator
- Acquisitions of 4 studios for a fast growing pilates provider and instructor academy
- Acquisition of a 14,995 sq. ft. space for an indoor adventure golf provider (further details of this can be found in the case study below)
Acquisitions of leisure properties require a thorough understanding of a client’s business and it is essential to ensure that any leisure space we propose has maximum trading potential. Our Team works hard to get to know each client’s offering and across the various Departments at Brasier Freeth we can offer a number of services to this growing market.
Case Study – Discovery Adventure Golf
Discovery Adventure Golf first approached Brasier Freeth in June 2012 having been recommended by an existing client. The leisure provider, then in its infancy, was seeking its first potential site. Our instructions were to find a suitable location to open an indoor adventure golf centre within a busy retail and leisure environment.
Getting the right venue for our client’s first venture was critical and after a lengthy search travelling the length and breadth of the UK the perfect site was secured within St David’s shopping centre, Cardiff. With over 1.4 million sq ft of retail and leisure space and over 180 stores, Discovery Adventure Golf was delighted to be joining a destination venue with guaranteed footfall. In November 2014 a 25 year lease was signed and planning permission secured for the new 14,995 sq ft operation.
Since opening their doors in April 2015 our client has experienced exceptional trading results and added value to the shopping centre offering. Such is the response that the proposition has generated interest from a number of other landlords to provide similar leisure facilities in their schemes across the Country.
Going forward, Brasier Freeth continues to support Discovery Adventure Golf’s growth plans both here in the UK and across Europe and we are currently negotiating terms to take space in a leisure scheme in Spain.